If you have a variety of cosmetic concerns about your smile, Dr. Robert W. Hessberger can work with you to design a personalized smile makeover at our Chicago, IL, dental practice. A smile makeover can combine multiple cosmetic procedures—such as teeth whitening, orthodontics, and dental bonding—into one treatment plan to create the smile of your dreams. Each smile makeover is customized to our patients' unique needs to help accomplish stunning results with conservative treatments in the least amount of time. Depending on the complexity of your case, some patients can achieve dramatic results after just one appointment.
Are You a Candidate?
The best candidates for a smile makeover include patients struggling with a number of cosmetic blemishes, including:
- Crooked or gapped teeth
- Minor to severe dental staining and discoloration
- Gapped teeth
- Dental misalignment
- Disproportionate teeth
- Eroded or worn teeth
During your initial consultation, Dr. Hessberger will perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums using x-ray technology. He will also review your medical history to determine if you are a good candidate for a smile makeover. He will discuss your cosmetic goals and review any recommended procedures in order to help you accomplish these goals. Once a treatment plan has been established, Dr. Hessberger can strategically perform each procedure based on the order of importance and the extent of recovery required. Before beginning any cosmetic procedures, however, the doctor will first need to address any tooth decay. It is important to note that a smile makeover is primarily for cosmetic purposes; if you are missing teeth or need to address oral health issues such as dental trauma or decay, you will likely benefit more from a combination of restorative dentistry procedures, or a full mouth reconstruction.
A smile makeover can combine multiple cosmetic procedures—such as teeth whitening, orthodontics, and dental bonding—into one treatment plan to create the smile of your dreams.
Common Treatments Involved in a Smile Makeover
Because each smile makeover is specifically tailored to the individual needs of the patient, no two smile makeovers are the same. There are a number of cosmetic treatments that you can include in your smile makeover, such as:
- Teeth Whitening: We provide both in-office and take-home teeth whitening options for patients with minor to moderate extrinsic dental staining and discoloration. Our in-office treatment uses professional strength whitening gel in combination with a special UV light to provide immediate results in less than an hour. Our at-home Philips NiteWhite™ treatment provides you with customized whitening trays and professional strength gel that can be conveniently used in the comfort of your home. If worn daily, you could begin to notice a significantly brighter smile in one to two weeks. Both in-office and take-home trays can be combined to provide even more dramatic results.
- Dental Bonding: This cost-effective cosmetic treatment can repair teeth that are chipped, stained, uneven, or gapped. During the procedure, tooth-colored composite resin will be applied and sculpted over the affected teeth to conceal a number of cosmetic concerns.
- Porcelain Veneers: These thin porcelain shells are customized to fit seamlessly over the front of teeth and are designed to conceal chipped, cracked, severely stained, or disproportionate teeth. Dr. Hessberger will work closely with our partner lab to ensure each veneer matches the natural shape and color of your teeth. This treatment provides a longer-lasting alternative to dental bonding.
- Orthodontics: If you have teeth that are crooked or misaligned, we can provide discreet orthodontic treatment with both ClearCorrect™ and Six Month Smiles® to help create a straighter and more balanced smile.
- Tooth-Colored Fillings: If you have minor to moderate tooth decay, Dr. Hessberger can remove the unhealthy bacteria and apply composite resin tinted to match the natural shade of your smile to restore the tooth’s structural integrity.
- Dental Crowns: For teeth with significant damage or decay, a customized dental crown made from durable, natural-looking ceramic can be placed over the affected tooth to strengthen and restore the tooth.
Benefits of a Smile Makeover
Because your smile is such an important aspect of who you are, it can negatively or positively impact you both personally and professionally. A smile makeover can be customized in such a way to meet your unique goals, budget, and timeline, while correcting a number of smile imperfections. A smile makeover can completely transform your smile and improve your quality of life, as well as offer a number of additional benefits, such as:
- Create a cohesive and balanced smile
- Provide a brighter, healthier smile
- Enhance your overall appearance
- Give you the confidence you need to smile freely
Dramatically Transform Your Grin
If you are unhappy with the appearance of your smile, Dr. Hessberger can customize a treatment plan for your smile makeover. To learn more about the benefits of this procedure, contact our office online today or call (773) 792-5562 to schedule your consultation.